Friday, January 30, 2009

I know this may be a weird question, but...

Often times when people ask me a question at Pure Pleasure, they tend to begin with the phrase, "I know this may be a weird question, but...” The question that follows is generally a very common inquiry, such as “What size butt plug should I buy for my boyfriend?”, or “Do penis pumps really work?” Similarly, many people come in the store and vocalize their fears about every aspect of buying a product from asking for recommendations to walking out the door with a vibrator-in-tow, even to admittedly being an owner and user of the product.

While these are all very common concerns (I’m sure at least half of our customers feel some sort of socially-induced anxiety around dildos), it always makes me wonder-customers are worried about inquiring about one or two toys to the lady who owns an entire store-full of them. Vibrators, anal beads, handcuffs, you name it, I got it. You may be worried about walking out of the store with a “Pure Pleasure” bag in tow, while I had my face on the front page of the local paper with a title somewhere along the lines of “Sex Still Sells”. You may be worried your friends or lovers will find your toys in your goodie drawer, or maybe even a Pure Pleasure receipt in the garbage can. I spend Thanksgiving dinners talking to my aunts and uncles and grandparents about how the store is doing, top sellers, upcoming classes, you name it.

Moral of the story: There are no weird questions at Pure Pleasure. We do not judge you for what you may be interested in or curious about, partly because that is our job, and partly because we are/were probably curious about the same thing at one point or another. In fact, some of us actually live for juicy questions and sexy stories. So come on in and ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment